Friday, December 14, 2007

The Blue Star

The blue star you see to the right is the symbol of support for Colorectal Cancer research and advocacy as well as for recognition of its victims and survivors. It is like the pink ribbons you see for breast cancer.

The star is to be worn or displayed to represent your support. It is also to be worn or displayed to honor, or as a memorial to, those you know living with or taken by the disease. I have many blue stars and "preventable, treatable, beatable" items I wear, use or show in memory of Patti. When someone asks me about the star or slogan, it gives me the opportunity to share Patti's story, tell them about signs and symptoms, etc. I know Patti would do the same. Isn't it neat the symbol is blue... her favorite color?!

If you would like to purchase blue star items, click on the Get Your Blue Star link in the Important Links section. A portion of the proceeds goes to help the Colon Cancer Alliance and their work.

Also, if you are a close friend or loved one reading this, I have a personalized bracelet I would be happy to send you to wear in memory of Patti. To me it is a way to always show her, along with others, what she meant to me and how much I love her while supporting cancer awareness.

I hope to hear from you soon with stories, songs, pictures, etc.! Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: