Monday, December 17, 2007

Merry Christmas


Christmas was one of Patti's most favorite things! Every year the first or second week of December she would go out and buy a real tree, bring it home and spend hours decorating it and everything in the house. She would play her Christmas music, make hot chocolate and build a fire. She absolutely loved it. She had a stocking for every single pet she had! She loved a fire going in the fireplace and the smell of the tree. Every year I lived with her Christmas was always filled with such joy and warmth. But that's how being with Patti was all the time.

Patti had a joy in her heart unlike anyone else I've ever known. Part of the reason why is the same reason why Christmas was so wonderful to her... Jesus. She never forgot the reason for the season.

I am guilty of getting a case of Scrooge at Christmas. I'm sure lots of folks do. But this year I'm trying to remember the reason. That's what Patti would want. It's difficult but doable.

That's my challenge to all of us... remember the reason and celebrate it. That's what Patti is doing for sure!

Now go make a mug of hot chocolate and turn on It's A Wonderful Life!

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's truly wonderful that you have started this blog to share Patti with everyone. I know the heartache of losing a loved one and I also know how important it is to share our loved ones with others. This post is just beautiful and has come at the perfect time for me since I've been a scrooge lately. I look forward to returning to read more...

Jenny-up the hill
Gus' Gang