Saturday, January 12, 2008

Be Young...

Hi, everyone. Hope your new year is off to a good start!

You may be wondering why "Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy" is playing now as the first song. Well, two reasons.

1) This was Patti's favorite song of all time. It's one of the first things I learned about her many years ago. She loved it.

2) While "I Can Only Imagine" was one of her favorite Christian songs, it was played at her service and was pretty sad to hear over and over right now. "Bring the Rain" I thought did a good job of describing Patti's attitude throughout her sickness... she never complained and said many times if her suffering had to take place for God to be shown to someone then it was worth it. However, I was afraid this might make some sad too.

So, I went and got some of her favorite pop songs from the past and put them up to play. You can still hear the others while visiting here if you want too. I can see Patti now, bobbing her head and smiling while she sang along... "Be young, be foolish, but be happy..."

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Judi said...

So like Patti to love that song! I miss her.